Friday, April 18, 2008

April 18, 2008

Welcome! I will be posting progress reports as to how the preparations are going. One thing is for sure, I will know this boat inside and out like the back of my hand as I have crawled in every space imaginable no matter the size or location! I've also become quite comfortable up the mast as I have spent so much time there this week!


Many thanks to Lifesail, especially Matt and Dave, for all of their help this week. Thanks to my dad for driving all over LA getting parts, talking to sponsors, picking up Starbucks and overseeing our work.

After a lot of discussion, debate and dictionary.com searches the name Intrepid was chosen for my boat. She will need to be "resolutely fearless, dauntless, brave, courageous and bold" to cary me around the world!


Check out The Mariner Magazine's website at http://www.marinermagazine.com/archive_detail.php?id=13

for the May edition featuring an article of my trip. Pat Reynolds has been a great support and encouragement over the last weeks.


Gotta go! Will update again soon.

Cheers,


Zac











1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

good luck!

my uncle tim just called me to tell me your traveling around the world all by yourself in a boat. Hats to you sir!

too bad theres no good way to pick up trash floating past you in the ocean... that would be a trick!

safe travels!

Corie Hill

April 25, 2008 at 7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home