Thursday, May 1, 2008

More Yard Time

Hello Again!
I will attempt to write in my blog everyday but lately the days are going by so fast, it is a blur.
It seems like we have been working non-stop on Intrepid. We ended up being in the yard for an extra week due to complications with the rudder needing to be refabricated. Andy and the guys at Anchor's Way have been great! They are knowledgable and helpful - I am learning tons. The delay in launch has given us more time to work on the hard dodger which means a ton of fiberglass layup (10 gallons of polyester resin and over 40 yards of glass). We've been having cold showers to rinse the dust off for going on 2 weeks now.
Another highlight of this week has been the arrival of Mike Smith from North Carolina. He is a personal friend of Jesse Martin of Australia who holds the world record for youngest, single-handed, non-stop and unassisted circumnavigation. Amazing guy! Mike has offered his help with electrical installations which has been a huge help. He is a wealth of information and again I am learning so much from working with him.
The guys from Ocean Rescue TV are making a video of the project which should be really cool. I'll post it here on my web site when it is finished. Dad and I did an interview with the Ventura County Star a few days ago. More and more sponsors are coming in. It is encouraging to hear from people who believe in me and support my dream to sail around the world alone. The sailing community is a small one, but they are good people and do what they can to help.
Today there will be 5 of us on board with Dr. David Benson, a volunteer from LifeSail, coming up from Long Beach for a few days.
Thats all for now!
Cheers,
Zac

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home