Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Back in Marina del Rey

Sorry again for the delay in writing. There is always so much to do... I will attempt to catch you up here.
Our initial attempt to bring Intrepid down the coast ended quickly due to some minor gear box issues. Going back to Anchor's Way allowed Mike more time to connect electrical systems so when we finally headed south on Sunday morning, we were able to test out all the systems.
It was a beautiful day although not much wind. It was great to sail into Marina del Rey. Mom and Dad met Mike and I out in the bay. I've attached a web album here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/zacsworldadventure/BackToMarinaDelRey

I'll post the photos from Dad's camera tomorrow.

We had dinner at the beautiful Westlake Yacht Club here in Thousand Oaks on Friday night. They presented me with a generous sponsorship and one of their burgees to fly on my way out. There is quite a sense of community support which has been great.

Sadly, Mike Smith went back to North Carolina Monday after a marathon 3 week visit. He has been an amazing help and has become a great friend and like one of our family in the process. He will surely be missed here at the Sunderland home.

The solar panels and wind vane arrived yesterday. They will be installed today. Hoping to put her through her paces this weekend.

Had a visit with the 'travel' doctor yesterday. Not terribly inspiring to learn that the majority of my trip will take place in the Malaria Endemic zones. I had a yellow fever immunization yesterday but it didn't hurt. Typhoid, Hep A, tetanus and polio on Thursday. Not looking forward to it. Better that than getting sick out there though.

Working through computer set up etc. Had a great meeting with Jeff Carter yesterday about various aspects of filming, organizing and storage. He is a wealth of information. I am so blessed to have so many experts so willing to help me.

Meeting with Good Morning America today. It would be great to have them cover my trip.

I know I'm forgetting things. Will write again soon. Thanks for all the encouragement and tips coming via email etc.

Cheers,
Zac

1 Comments:

Blogger richardnoble said...

It's good to hear from you Zac even if I think your're too young. My dad said we only live once and has a sail boat of his own which I put on your myspace fan page which you asked me to take down but I won't. I wanna help Myspace readers follow you along and I would love for you to keep us updated on my page. First you have to create a page and then post friend comments or Blog replies. It's gonna be tough out there and next year I wanna fly to where ever you are and see you. Again, please support me in getting word out to Myspace people. Im not trying to stand in your light, I just want to share this with everyone and be apart of it in some little way. Intrepid looks great. You can see my dads boat in the blog section on night safety. Call me when your well out to sea if you can. 760-610-9220 I am also adding a lot of music I like and that I think would be apart of a sound track if and when a film is made about you. Im in school to become a phlebotomist and forensics lab technician but I will pay attention to you as often as I can.
With Love-Richard
www.myspace.com/zacsunderland

June 15, 2008 at 4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home